We offer digital products in a variety of formats (browser-based, ePub, PDF, etc.) from a variety of publisher and distributor partners. Because of this, the answers to questions you may have about a digital product can vary. To help you, we’ve created this digital product FAQ. The single most important piece of information that will help you get the most accurate answers to your question is to know the format of the item you are inquiring about. The format of the item can be found on the item’s product page, as in the screenshot below. Once you know the format, click the applicable link below to see the FAQs for that particular format.
- ConnectedCasebook Digital Access Code Only FAQs
- Digital eBook/ePub FAQs
- Digtal eBook/PDF FAQs
- VitalSource eBook/ePub and eBook/PDF FAQs
- What are ConnectedCasebooks and what is CasebookConnect.com?
- What comes with my ConnectedCasebook Digital Access Code Only order?
- What if I have a problem with my ConnectedCasebook order or the CasebookConnect.com website?
- Where do I find my access code for CasebookConnect.com?
- Can I buy access to CasebookConnect.com (including access to eBook) without purchasing or renting the physical book?
- Can I use CasebookConnect.com without being connected to the Internet? What about the eBook? Can the eBook be downloaded to read offline?
- Where can I find FAQs for issues regarding the CasebookConnect.com website and how do I contact CasebookConnect.com website Customer Support?
The ConnectedCasebook platform is a groundbreaking program from Wolters Kluwer Legal Education that meets the needs of students and professors alike. Choose either the New Hardcover, Digital, Looseleaf, or Rental versions. All versions include access to CasebookConnect.com, a cloud-based platform accessible on computers and tables with three main features:
- a fully functional, cloud-based eBook version of the casebook,
- a study center complete with curated excerpts and practice questions from leading study aids such as Examples & Explanations and Glannon Guides, and
- a tool to help students create their own outline
When you select a ConnectedCasebook Digital Access Code Only title (Digital), you will not receive a physical book, only the ConnectedCasebook Access Code that will give you lifetime access to the ConnectedCasebook suite of offerings (see question above), including the digital version of the book. Your access code will be included in the order confirmation email you get immediately after placing your order (look for it at the bottom).
If you have a problem placing your order or you cannot find your ConnectedCasebook Access Code on an order you placed with us directly, please contact BarristerBooks.com at 1-866-808-5635 (9am-5pm M-F CST) and a BarristerBooks support representative can help you.If you have a problem on the CasebookConnect.com website, please visit: http://support.casebookconnect.com/hc/en-us.
You may also email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone ConnectedCasebook support directly: 1-800-950-5259 (M-F 8am-5pm CST).
When you rent or purchase a ConnectedCasebook title from BarristerBooks.com, you will receive your Access Code to the CasebookConnect.com website immediately in three different ways:
- Your Access Code is displayed on the Order Confirmation screen of your transaction.
- Your Access Code is included in your Order Confirmation email of your transaction.
- If you have a BarristerBooks.com account your Access Code can always be found by logging into your Customer Account at https://www.BarristerBooks.com/customer/account/login/ using the email address and password that you used to set up your BarristerBooks account during checkout. Once you log into your Customer Account, click My Downloadable Products from the left-side menu, and you will see your Access Code available to you under the My Access Code section. Please note: if you checked out of your ConnectedCasebook purchase as a Guest during checkout, you will not have an account.
Yes. On the product page, a tab for "Digital" will appear on the titles that currently offer the option to purchase a Connected Casebook Access Code only. This code will be delivered to you immediately in your order confirmation email.
No. You currently must be connected to the Internet to use CasebookConnect.com. This includes getting access to the digital eBook version of the casebook, which also requires an Internet connection. Because of this, the eBook cannot be downloaded for offline reading.
- How do I access my VitalSource ePub or PDF product after purchase?
- What devices can I read VitalSource ePub or PDF products on?
- Can I access my VitalSource ePub or PDF products on more than one device?
- Can I print my VitalSource ePub or PDF products?
- Do I have to be connected to the internet to read my VitalSource ePub or PDF products?
- What is the difference between VitalSource ePub and PDF formats?
- What is the return policy for my VitalSource ePub and PDF products?
- Where can I find additional support for my VitalSource ePub and PDF products?
Once you complete your purchase of a VitalSource ePub or PDF product on the BarristerBooks.com website, you can get access to your titles in 3 ways.
- From the Order Confirmation screen that appears immediately after you have completed checkout of your transaction.
- From the link included in your Order Confirmation email that you receive immediately after you have completed checkout of your transaction.
- If you have a BarristerBooks.com account your link can always be found by logging into your Customer Account at https://www.BarristerBooks.com/customer/account/login/ using the email address and password that you used to set up your BarristerBooks account during checkout. Once you log into your Customer Account, click My Downloadable Products from the left-side menu, and you will see your link available to you under the My Access Code section. Please note: if you checked out of your ConnectedCasebook purchase as a Guest during checkout, you will not have an account.
Read your VitalSource ePub or PDF titles on any computer, tablet or mobile phone. The VitalSource Bookshelf app is compatible with both Macs and PCs as well as iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, and Chromebook devices. You may access your books through Bookshelf online without downloading the Bookshelf application if you have an internet connection. However, if you wish to access your books offline, you will need to download the Bookshelf application to your computer or device.
The VitalSource Bookshelf app can be found here.
Yes. You will be able to download and access your VitalSource ePub or PDF titles onto 2 computers AND 2 mobile devices using the Bookshelf app.
Restrictions around the use of copy & paste and printing are set by the publisher on a title by title basis. You can view the restrictions on the Product Details page for the title purchased.
No. You can access 100% of your eTextbooks without an internet connection. To access your eTextbooks offline, you will need to download the Bookshelf app onto your computer, tablet or mobile device.
There are two different types of VitalSource digital eBook formats we offer: Reflowable Text VitalBooks (ePub) and Page-Fidelity VitalBooks (PDF). Reflowable Textbook (ePub): Reflowable textbooks do not maintain the layout of a traditional bound book. The text is responsive, so the font size can be easily adjusted no matter the size of the screen. Page-Fidelity Textbook (PDF):
The Page-Fidelity textbook maintains the look and feel of a bound book—the text is fixed and the screen size determines the size of the text.
Both types of eBooks support a wide range of features, including but not limited to: notes, highlights, text to speech, printing, syncing across devices, and more.
Reflowable Textbook (ePub): Reflowable textbooks do not maintain the layout of a traditional bound book. The text is responsive, so the font size can be easily adjusted no matter the size of the screen.
Page-Fidelity Textbook (PDF): The Page-Fidelity textbook maintains the look and feel of a bound book—the text is fixed and the screen size determines the size of the text.
You may cancel your VitalSource title purchase and request an immediate refund within 14 days of your initial purchase, provided that: 1) You have not viewed and/or printed, in total, more than twenty percent (20%) of the VitalSource digital title, and 2) You have not yet used the access code for any online resource that may be included with your eTextbook purchase.
VitalSource Customer Support is available for VitalSource ePub and PDF titles 24/7 year-round. In the US/Canada, please call: 1-855-200-4146.